Home

May 10, 2013

A Wish

Up and beyond, into the starlit sky I gaze
What I wish to see, I cannot tell

Perhaps...it's the stories of old
that I wish to behold?

Perhaps...I wish to see their stories of love
painted on that vast canvas above me?

Perhaps...I wish to look far and beyond
till I enter that realm of reality
from this abode of dreams and truly live...

Perhaps...I wish to live in Tomorrow
I wish to rest today and when I rise at dawn
I wish it wont be 'today' but instead 'Tomorrow'...

All I wish to know is if I am safe...
in the heavens above, because I fear;
I fear to rise one morn
and forsake all wishes and only mourn...

But nay!

The Almighty has given us all this beautiful gift of hope -
A tiny light flickered in the heavens yesterday
Didn't you see?
I woke up from a dream and lo behold!
What a scene my eyes had seen!

Nay! I will not give up!

You wish me to be blind!
But, alas, I will not be so!
How can I?
When I have been given sight from the heavens above
Of what lies far across,
across the heavens, across the oceans,
and far beyond...

No comments:

Post a Comment