Home

January 13, 2012

Twilight Thoughts

In the wee hours of morning, I am awakened
As the birds sing and the hues of life return.

I listen to the birds humming - a song so unfamiliar;
How could this be so distinct and yet so similar?

I yearn that I, too, could conceive
Thy beautiful praises that none but YOU can perceive...

I gaze at the streaks of light glistening through the haze
And wonder how one cannot be amazed

At His exquisite beauty that is so profound
When at every dawn and dusk it's found?

I look at the meadows; it too quivers by His magnificence -
Why then is it so difficult for man to abandon his insolence?

I glance at the radiant sun, shimmering
But my eyes shy away from its glimmering

I see the flowers blooming in the spring
An unceasing and boundless delight, it brings

And then I discern why all this was created
It is His way through which His presence is manifested

Nothing too difficult to comprehend
And yet many fail to discern

This simple mystery of the purpose of life's creation -
Which is simply to sow the seeds to ultimate elation.

No comments:

Post a Comment